- Medical Malpractice
- Hospital Litigation
- Duke University, B.A., 2000
- Washington & Lee University School of Law, J.D.,
- cum laude, 2005
- Phi Delta Phi
- Black Lung Clinic, 2003-2005
- Winner, Washington & Lee Client Counseling Competition, 2004
- Moot Court Executive Board, 2004-2005
- Tennessee, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee, 2008
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association
Chris' involvement in medico-legal matters began while he was still in law school. As a member of the Washington and Lee University School of Law's Black Lung Clinic, Chris represented coal miners in federal administrative actions for disability benefits.
Since beginning his practice in 2005, Chris has defended Tennessee physicians, hospitals, and nurses from Memphis to Morristown in a diverse range of professional liability actions through all phases of litigation. Chris has tried multiple cases to a defense verdict. He regularly advises clients regarding changes in Tennessee law affecting the defense of health care liability lawsuits, and also handles the defense of premises liability actions occurring on hospital grounds. Chris is detail-oriented and works diligently to provide his clients the strongest possible defense, encompassing a thorough understanding of the facts, the medicine, and the legal principles of a given case, and the interplay among all three.
Outside of the office, Chris enjoys spending time with his family, listening to music and attending local concerts, and running.
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association: Co-Chair, Professional Negligence & Healthcare Section 2015 - present
- Harry Phillips American Inn of Court 2006-2008
- TIPS/ABOTA National Trial Academy, 2010
- "Year End Review of Medical Malpractice Cases," Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association, Dec. 11, 2015
- "HIPAA Compliance for Attorneys and Firms: How to Avoid Liability Headaches," M. Lee Smith webinar, Aug. 25, 2016
- "HIPAA and HITECH Compliance," Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association, Oct. 25, 2016
- "Case Update: Recent Developments in Health Care Liability," Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association, July 14, 2017.
- “Ex parte meetings pursuant to T.C.A. §29-26-121(f): where we are now,” Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association, February 23, 2018
- “Ethical Litigation of Liability Claims under HIPAA,” 2018 Medical Malpractice Conference for Tennessee Attorneys, May 18, 2018